Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Motivation Problem

For over a month now I have been feeling severely unmotivated. Depressingly, so... After about 3 weeks I told my doctor how I was feeling. His solution, Ritalin.
(Apparently, in cancer patients it has a strong effect on motivation.)

So how goes it? Well I've been on it for a week and some days I'm rearing to go. But days, like today, I'm back to zero motivation. Now it could be partially weather related. (It is 10 below zero outside) but that only explains the things that require going out of doors. It doesn't explain my not wanting to clean or play.

I was considering calling my doctor when they beat me to it! I talked with the head nurse, explaining all my sleeping habits and medicine habits. After all that was gone over, she suggested staying on the Ritalin for one more week. If I don't see any results, then they'll consider upping my dose.

I'm not really sure how I feel about that. However, I have come to realize that anything that can help motivate me out of this slump is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment