Saturday, December 7, 2013

My Journey

My name is Stephanie Polecastro. I am 28 years old,  a new wife and a fairly new mommy. My wonderful husband's name is Keith and we have a sweet little boy named Johnny who is 18 months old. On November 1st of this year I was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. My family and I were all in a state of shock. I mean I had never smoked in my life or had any family history of this illness. Since my diagnosis a lot has happened in my life. I have been poked, prodded and had every test known to man done.  I just completed my first round of radiation and have gone through one round of chemo. My spirits are high and I believe in my soul that my body will beat this cancer. I will live to grow old with my husband, live to watch my baby boy grow to be a man and just simply LIVE. I believe with the prayer and support of family, friends and even strangers I will win this battle. We have mounting medical costs and with the continued costs we face we can't fight this battle without help. Any contribution you can make is greatly needed and appreciated beyond measure. I will be posting as often as I can to update and keep everyone informed on my progress..Please keep in mind some of my posts are retroactive as I am using a new blog and have just transferred over previous posts so they can all be in the same place.  God Bless you and Thank you for your prayers and support!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment