Friday, March 14, 2014

Unbelievable Results

Looking back on when this all started, I can still see my doctors expression when he told me I had stage 4 lung cancer. I can still see the look of sadness as he told me I had 6-8 years to live. I never thought I'd see that look of shock again.

Well, today I saw it again but for different reasons. The news I got today shocked everyone! My doctor pulled up side by side images from yesterday and 2 months ago (when I started the chemo pills). They didn't look like the same person! One was all polka dotted with cancer cells of all sizes. The other was so clean and clear. Not perfectly clear, mind you. But clear enough to floor the doctor and make him speechless! He said, "I've never seen anything like this before! Your lungs should not look like this after just 2 months! It's amazing!"

Needless to say, I'm ecstatic! To hear news like that makes me want to fight even harder!

Now I'll always be considered stage 4. But there's a very good chance now that I could be considered, in the future, as stage 4 NND (no noticeable disease). or in simpler terms, remission.

I've said since the very beginning, "I've got this beat! My body just doesn't know it yet!" Well my body is starting to figure it out!

Praise be to God for his continued faithfulness! God bless you all! Thank you for all your prayers and support! :D

1 comment:

  1. Stehanie..You are an amazing woman who inspires me EVERY DAY!! That is the BEST NEWS EVER and puts all of the silly, sometimes lame things we all let ourselves be worried about or consumed with seem very small. Thank you for sharing your faith, your journey, your joy and determination with all of us. God Bless you darlin..Much love and prayers for you today and always!! Keep fighting hun..You are most definitely winning!!

    ReplyDelete